Starting a healthy lifestyle journey
Being healthy is never out of trend. You don’t need to wait for new year to start making healthy lifestyle change. Lifestyle changes that you should be embarking today can be something as simple as meditation, eating healthy balance diet or getting regular exercise. Often people get a real good head start but then lose the motivation and discipline to maintain the habit. You can start making that healthy lifestyle change with these few simple tips to help you along the way.
- Baby step is the way to go. Start small, slowly but consistent and make it an enjoyable experience. Don’t think of your new lifestyle as a chore but as something to look forward
- Prioritise your goal and have both short and long term objectives that you wanna achieve. For example if you want to lose weight, start setting the weight that you want to lose for example within 6 weeks durations. Make sure you set realistic attainable goals within that period of time or not you be greatly disappointed and lose motivation.
- Surround yourself with healthy, committed and positive people. Get friends and family members onboard to support each other.
- Planning your lifestyle around your work and family or relationship commitment and not the other way around. It’s not as easy to change your work schedule as this maybe not as flexible but rather plan ahead a schedule that can fit in nicely with your work timetable.
- Don’t be scared to explore various ways of healthy habits. Don’t get stuck in a routine that you don’t enjoy. Be creative. You don’t need to go to the gym or park to exercise. You can do it in your own living room. Make your surroundings environment conducive for your new lifestyle change.
After commitment, comes discipline to maintain course in order to reach your target. If you need to get a general advise on how to start your healthy lifestyle journey, come down and book a medical consultation with our doctor.